Wednesday, October 18, 2006

new moonish moody

*****

I chose to read the news today before posting. As we say in the south, my land. It's a polite way of saying, "Holy shit."

I am sitting here with my jaw dropping to the floor at the absurdity of our nation's so-called leadership. It would almost be funny - except, of course, that it's not. No details today; I could spend about an hour posting links and y'all wouldn't read them anyway - it's all out there on the news sites if you care to spend a few minutes screaming in hysterical laughter, saying, "You're fucking kidding me, right?" over and over again.

*****

On to better topics. Y'all remember about Duckie doing her yoga-thang the other day? One part of her flow that blew me away was that cool jump back from flat-back to plank. I've never been able to do it - so I figured she'd probably learned from the videos.

I thought, you know, if my three-year-old can do this, the least I can do is give it a shot.

And whaddya know - after experimenting a few times and realizing I was holding my breath during the jump and all that, I managed a fairly decent jump-back. Which, along with a fairly passable ardha chandrasana (meaning I only fell once) was a nice way to start my day.

*****

Yesterday I meant to post but got all caught up in, you know, work. Ick. But I 'specially wanted to share this hilarious site I stumbled upon through Yogamum's blog. Yogabeans! is a collection of step-by-step yoga poses demonstrated - and narrated by - plastic action figures. Seriously, this is some funny shit, whether or not you're into yoga. Go read.

*****

Damn, but I'm in a crappy mood today. I know I'm gearing up for ovulation, but this is ridiculous. I really don't want to be here. I want to be on the mountain. Everything else seems to be getting in the way of that. Which is ridiculous, because this "everything else" stuff - i.e., work, and all the annoyances that come with it - is making LEAF possible. Annoyance is not uncommon for me, but the attachment to it is stronger than usual. Obviously I need chocolate. Or wine. Preferably both, simultaneously, and soon. Like in, I don't know, five minutes or so.

*****

No comments: