Friday, October 27, 2006

friday thoughts

*****

It’s not yet 9 AM and I already have a Quote Of The Day. At the end of practice this morning, during the gentle spinal twist that feels so damned good, Duckie says, “Are you doing sleeping yoga now?”

During savasana, it was pretty close.

*****

We went to my spinning friend’s house last night to put a pie together for her to take to the fiber festival this weekend. Duckie was at first overwhelmed by the dogs (a very friendly and excited akita and corgie pair) but soon settled into the mix. By the time we left, the corgie was suffering from a massive crush – she’s just the right size for him, after all.

She was also very interested in H’s wheel – the one she keeps in the living room, that is. I’m fairly certain that H has one of the most extensive collections of spinning wheels, spindles, bobbins and raw fiber in Buncombe county.

H said several times, “I’ll teach you when you’re older.” But when I came back from loading the car, Duckie was happily ensconced between H’s knees, working the pedals of the wheel with her feet. Kinda like learning how to dance by standing on someone else’s feet.

I’ve known H for almost ten years now (Good God, has it really been that long?) and we’ve gone through some pretty heavy shit together. To see them coming into their own relationship as aunt and niece (however unofficial), gave me another breathless moment of pure joy and powerful hope.

There’s so much crap I could get into today, but I think I’ll leave it at that. The sewage stink was apparently not ours, Brian is back to work, and tonight is pizza and movie night. It could be worse.

Have a great weekend, y’all.

*****

QOTD ii:

"Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of your poem." ~Kahlil Gibran

*****

No comments: