Wednesday, October 25, 2006

blech

*****

Brian is still sick. I s’pose I’ll just have to budget for two weeks a year of lost income. You know, accept the reality and all that. And I hate to leave him home in that condition. I know he's a big boy and can take care of himself, but I still worry. About a lot of things, today.

Sure wish I could report a good practice this morning. Can’t. Packed all my shit for a run this afternoon – which is now a big production that has to include sweat pants, extra layers and a big sweatshirt with hood. At least I have pockets to stash the cube.

Speaking of shit, I stepped outside to start the car this morning and was overwhelmed by an unmistakeable, nasty stench. Probably the septic tank. I’ve checked on the Department of Health’s website and it seems that using too much water at a time can back it up. I did two loads of laundry, washed dishes and gave Duckie her bath last night. So hopefully by the time we get home it will be a little more manageable. Either way, it’s probably past time to get the damned thing pumped out.

Also it’s impossible to ignore, because the smell is all over my car. Which is, I suppose, a good thing, even though it makes me want to hurl.

Sometimes it really scares me how little I know about my house and the systems that run it.

I hope your day’s starting off better than mine. Blech.


*****

No comments: