Friday, August 18, 2006

the countdown begins today

*********


*happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!*

Imagine a three-year-old singing, “I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!”

After scrambling for weeks, I’ve managed to get the funds together for the Bryan Kest workshop in late September. It’s just over a month away. I’m so excited I can hardly stand myself.

Some of you may know that my daughter's birthday is the same week as the workshop (right on the equinox.) I have consulted with the husband and he's ok with having the party a week ahead of time. I'm planning a party at her school on the actual day of. She'll be fine with it - she's three; it's not like she's going to remember the exact date of her party. I, on the other hand, would be resentful and bitter if I missed this workshop. So she'll get what she needs, and I'll get what I need. At the moment I'm not sure where Brian fits in, poor guy. Well, I'll just hafta make it up to him... *cough* somehow.

Friday night is an opening session with an introductory get-to-know you kinda thing – I’m guessing so Kest can get an idea of the different levels of practice in the class. Then a one-hour class.

Saturday, a three-hour morning class. In other words, welcome to the sweat shop.

Late Saturday afternoon, a two-hour class he calls, “Long, Slow and Deep.” I wonder if this is something like a yin yoga practice, where the poses are designed to work the connective tissues. Whatever, it sounds yummy.

Sunday morning, another three-hour class. And I’m desperately hoping it will include some meditation, because I know at some point I’m going to need a break.

Three hours at a go. God help me, what have I gotten myself into?

I can’t wait.


P.S. It just occurred to me what a powerful date this will be for the workshop. So much of yoga is about balance, so to have a three-day yoga intensive on the autumnal equinox, where summer glides into fall, and day and night are exactly the same length is... well, it's pretty freaking cool, is all.

****

2 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

It DOES sound cool.

SB Gypsy said...

Wow! Great, and good for you for attempting it. I'm sure you'll find SOME way to make it up to your hubby.

Besides, what's better for a hubby than a relaxed, confident, and happy wife?