Friday, July 29, 2005

CAFTA

CAFTA passed yesterday. Lovely. More unrestricted, unmonitored power to the corporations. Just what we need. I do have to mention, though, that our Congressional Rep to the House, Charles Taylor (Rep.), voted against CAFTA. The irony of his voting woes is just delicious:

“I voted NO on the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) in the vote last night. I informed the Majority Leader and the Appropriations Chairman I was voting no, as I had informed my constituents I was voting no. Rep. Howard Coble and I voted “no” together. Due to an error, my “no” vote did not record on the voting machine. The Clerk’s computer logs verified that I had attempted to vote, but it did not show my “nay” vote. I am re-inserting my “No” vote in the record. But even with my NO vote re-inserted, the bill still passed.”

Poor Mr. Taylor. Sorry you had to deal with such an inconvenience, but we do appreciate you standing up to the Republican party, even if I have the odd feeling that you made some deals. See, you can’t really support CAFTA, not in North Carolina (maybe Robin Hayes can, but we'll see. Good luck to him in the next election.) Textiles are too important here - too many job losses are blamed on NAFTA. You gotta make sure your people are covered, right? So in the next election those annoying and ultimately ineffectual Democrats can’t hold it against you. It’s a good thing the Ruling Class understands that. Wonder what you had to trade to Cheney for the freedom to make that vote?

Bah. I’m probably being paranoid. But I’d love to put that on a card for the next time Taylor comes to a Town Meeting.


*

20 comments:

James said...

Yurp. NAFTA screwed us big time and CAFTA is going to finish us off. I heard that the statue of liberty is going to be shipped off to Bogota, Columbia as part of the CAFTA deal.

Don't laugh. I wouldn't be surprised.

The Real Estate Answer Man said...

This Is The Way SMART Real Estate Investors Make Their Money..... And It's NOT With "UGLY HOUSE" Rhabs Or Foreclosues And Short Sales

Click Here For More
Information


johntreed.com

The Answer Man said...

Learn How The SMART Real Estate Investors Get RICH....And Its' NOT With Rentals, Forclosures Or The "Fix And Flip" Game.....

Click Here For More
Information


foreclosed

The Real Estate Answer Man said...

Real Estate Investors........Learn What The Popular, So Called, Real Estate "GURUS" Don't Tell You Or Don't Know

Click Here For More
Information


rei depot

Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

Steve Westphal said...

You have a great site here. Would you like to contribute some info or articles about drug rehab indiana
at my site?

banner ads said...

There is alot of Blogs, I never guessed I'd find some usefull information.

Thanks.
I'll be back later to see if anymore good updates are available.

Car Insurance uk said...

Hey nice blog, I'll have to put a back link to it o one of my blogs that are a similar topic.

Thanks.

Car Insurance said...

Hey nice blog.

cheap car insurance said...

Hey You have a good blog here Keep up the good work

I have a blog too it is about cheap car insurance

Thanks for the usable information.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I like the page you have here. Check mine out bliss beauty product

acoach2 said...

Great dog training blog! Keep up the great work. I have a web site on dog training, so I can relate. It pretty much covers all aspects ofdog training Stop by if you get some time.

性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.性爱

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about aa route guide and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about aa route guide so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by aa route guide

Anonymous said...

Among these magnificent benefits is the chance to be able to promote your business, any business,

Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

Antonio Hicks said...

i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site. sincerely, antonio.

www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about repair car brakes and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about repair car brakes to guide your guests towards products and services related to repair car brakes. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we're the Milton Twins, Marissa and Melissa. We're the hottest, wildest, and most willing set of twins you'll ever see in your life. That's right. identical twinswith identical tastes and we're ready to share it all with you. The fun doesn't stop there, we've gotten all of our friends involved too. Boys and girls that we love to share. You just found all your fantasies in one site. So come check it out. We promise you've never seen anything like this. Milton Sisters

Me Maine House Cleaning said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
My ms mississippi house cleaning blog, is something you need to peep out!